Electrical Permits

LCUB provides electrical permits for the State of Tennessee for property or building addresses within our service area, including Lenoir City, Loudon County, Knox County, and Roane County residents. Electrical Permits are typically required for an existing electrical upgrade, relocation of a current meter base, HVAC installation, addition to an existing building, new home construction, and mobile home installations.

To obtain an Electrical Permit from LCUB:

  1. Reference the Schedule of Fees to determine the total amount you will pay to obtain a permit. Lenoir City, Loudon County, and Roane County residents must bring a valid building permit for the address where the electrical permit will be issued.
  2. Roane County residents must also bring a Drain Field Letter (obtained from the Roane County Health Department).
  3. You must present a valid state license.
  4. Once you have the appropriate documentation, visit one of our Customer Service Centers to obtain your permit. Cash and checks are accepted.

To obtain an Electrical Permit from the State of TN online:

If you have a valid state electrical license, you may purchase a permit using one of the following options:


  • You must visit the State of Tennessee permit site when you are ready for an inspection or by calling (615) 741-7170 (Available Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm CST)

State of Tennessee Electrical Permit and Inspection Fees

Current pricing for electrical permits is subject to change as directed by the State of Tennessee. NOTE: LCUB charges a $5 service fee for each permit issued that is not included in the cost of the permit in the Schedule of Fees.

Service Size                  Permit Fee
0-200 AMP service          $35.00

201-400 AMP service      $40.00
401-600 AMP service      $50.00
601-1,000 AMP service   $90.00

Inspection Type            Per Permit
Rough-In                          $35.00

HVAC                               $35.00
Consultation                     $50.00
Service Release              Based on Service Size

NOTE: City of Knoxville residents who have LCUB electric service must obtain their electrical permit from the City of Knoxville. Additional information can be obtained from the City of Knoxville's website.